New Client Launch: MN Tech Association
The composition of Minnesota's tech workforce
In Minnesota 8 of the Top 10 tech employers are in non-tech industries. From health care to banking to retail, enterprises are demanding tech talent with increasing ferocity. Perhaps it shouldn't come as a surprise, then, that Minnesota retains 57% of its tech workers that are educated in state higher ed institutions.
We learned so many things just like this during the development process of the Minnesota Technology Association's new labor market dashboard. Stakeholders in the state's tech ecosystem, from colleges and universities, to employers to the workforce itself now have access to a real-time pulse of information on the market.
Of the many datasets included in the dashboard, here are some of the highlights:
- - Leading Tech Industry Occupations
- - Age Distribution of Tech Occupations
- - Gender Mix of Tech Occupations
- - Race Distribution of Tech Workforce by Occupation
- - Earnings Comparison by State
- - Annual Earnings Range by Occupation (10th to 90th Percentile)
- - Tech Workers Commuting Patterns by County
- - Top 15 Remote Worker Counties
- - Top Tech Skills by Worker Social Profile
- - Top Companies Hiring
- - ...so much more you have to see for yourself!
Thanks to Jeff Tollefson and the amazing team at Minnesota Technology Association for all of the close collaboration that went into this dashboard. Cheers!