New Client Launch: Florida Advanced Technical Education Center
Manufacturing Matters in FL Dashboard
This is an exciting time for U.S. manufacturing. Production surged in January; new legislation, including the CHIPS Act, promises to bolster higher tech manufacturing in semiconductors. At the same time, jobs in production occupations are increasingly tech-enabled, which requires new types of training and education to meet the workforce demands of the future. So it is timely to announce our latest dashboard launch, the Manufacturing Matters in FL Dashboard, produced by the Florida Advanced Technical Education Center, or FLATE.
From the FLATE website:
The Florida Advanced Technological Education Center (FLATE) (www.flate.org), a National Science Foundation Center of Excellence in high-technology manufacturing, is the go-to organization for manufacturing and advanced technical education, best practices, and resources supporting the high-performance skilled workforce for Florida’s manufacturing sectors.
View the dashboard on FLATE's wesbite
The new tool was released on the FLATE website this week as a way to highlight manufacturing education, careers, industry and the economic impact in Florida. This project features labor market data from Lightcast, with the dashboard developed using the eIMPACT platform. Users can take advantage of high-frequency data, such as job postings analytics on in-demand skills and top companies hiring, as well as traditional labor market information at the occupation and industry level.
Here are some of the highlights:
- - Academic Program Inventory Map
- - Education Snapshot by Institution, Program, Enrollment, Race
- - Manufacturing Production by County
- - Long-term Job Postings Trend
- - Job Postings by Production Occupation
- - Job Postings by Experience and Edu Requirement
- - Gender Mix of Production Occupations
- - Race Distribution of Tech Workforce by Occupation
- - Annual Earnings Range by Occupation (10th to 90th Percentile)
- - Economic Impact of Manufacturing Sub-sectors
Many thanks to teams at FLATE and FloridaMakes! for their collaboration on this data visualization project. Stay tuned for future additions to the data site, including the forthcoming myCareerPathway section!